Queenies

Tonight I made it over to a restaurant called Queenie's on the edge between Darlinghurst and Surry Hills. I'm not sure where they came up with the name or what it actually indicates, but the style of the restaurant is Jamaican. The walls were covered will really random stuff, like this tiger with a pig on top of its head.




I got the Pork Burger while Mr. T got the BBQ chicken. The best part about the pork burger was the honey mustard that came along side with it, which also combined well with the sweet potato fries. The chicken scored high on Mr. Ts scoreboard also. To me this was good enough to be considered good bar food, meaning it required some beer to help it go down, but not too much beer.

pork burger
bbq chicken
On the way out I captured a couple images of the bar which the restaurant sits on top of.




Queenies on Urbanspoon