Manly Beach

Today I took the advice of a co-worker and caught the ferry from Circular Quay over to Many beach. For 14 dollars I was able to buy the two way trip and the return trips went as late as 1:00 am. When you pull into port you'll find a small beach and some restaurants on the wharf, but don't be deceived, this is Manly cove which faces west. If you walk northeast through the shops you'll come out the other-side of this finger of land to Manly Beach looking out into the Pacific.

Aboriginal at Circular Quay
Ferry Ride
Harbor Bridge from ferry

Manly Cove

looking north on Manly Beach
looking south on Manly Beach
Once I found the beach I quickly located some food and beer at the Charlie Bar in the Novotel. The windows were open looking out to the ocean, which left the bar vulnerable to wind gusts, in some cases sending forks and knifes flying off tables. I ordered some sort of fish, not really sure what it was, but it had a name that was similar to Barracuda. The fish tasted fine but the serving would have been more filing with a side salad or something. ( The New Australian corrected me on this fish, its Barramundi )

inside Manly Pacific
My  Barramundi
view from outside Manly Pacific

Charlie Bar  on Urbanspoon

After my meal I did a bit of walking about on the pathway next to the beach. The path went south for about half a mile and eventually hit another beach called Shelly.




view south toward Shelly Beach
 After my walk I got a beer sampler at Murray's Brewery where I found the first good Australian made dark beer I've had so far called Dark Knight. From the brewery I found my way back to the ferry and caught the ride back just after the sunset. The view from the ferry is 10 times better at night time.

Sampler at Murray's
Murray's inside

Murray's Brewery Restaurant and Bar on Urbanspoon


Manly Cove sunset
Manly Cove sunset
view of Haurbor Bridge from ferry at night
view of CBD from ferry at night