La Regal @ Berkeley

I went back to Berkeley last night to see what I missed on my last outing here. Not much apparently, the streets were relatively empty, except for a couple bums spread across the town. After getting chased away from a prospect Japanese place by a bum, I wandered over toward the campus. On center street I found a Vietnamese place called La Regal with no bum guardians. Soon after I sat down in the back corner the other patron left and I had the whole restaurant to myself. Somehow my main coarse of calamari came out before the pork appetizer, leaving me ready for a doggy bag by the time the pork arrived. Overall the food felt fairly traditional and the atmosphere was awkward like I've come to expect out of a good Vietnamese place.

Berkeley at night

La Regal outside

pork
calamari
Le Regal on Urbanspoon